Sunday, August 27, 2006

Car Accident



Say it sheer bad luck , call it a disastrous day , claim it an omen , and this is what happened - car accident..

It is on the stretch of road that i have driven for years , the same road that i have driven umpteenth times and never will i expect to encounter such an accident at that particular location. What a fateful day!

It was truly an experience of full adrenaline rush , and luckily my body "fight or flight" reflex was swinging in full motion. Everything happened in just split seconds. A second ago , i was crusing along the road singing in tune with Spice Girls "stop" broadcasted through Mix F.M., and the next second i knew , i heard high pitch screeching of brakes followed by a loud bang. I was thrusted forward.Alas , it was an accident , and i was in it.

There were a few seconds of complete blank in mind before consciousness descended on me again. Should i or should i not stop? I slowed down my car and waited for the next move from the other car driver. But he did not stop at all. Instead , he drove past me glaring at me with that malicious and angry look. Furthermore , there were a few other guys in that car. And i was all by myself.If i were to stop and negotiate , instinct told me that i would be fighting a losing battle irrespective of whether i was right or wrong. So i took the "flight" plan instead of the "fight" plan. So ended up having to fork up money to pay for the car damage. But thank God no one was injured. Phew!

No comments: